Friday, October 27, 2017

Making Boots

I salvaged the front of a Breyer box this week to make some patterns for galloping boots!

Using photoshop I traced a boot, printed it off, then scaled it down, the percentage I scaled the image down is written on the pattern piece, that way I can keep the correct pieces together.


Here's the first boot I made with this method:

These are on the 30% reduction pattern, they fit the Idocus mold fairly well, and down to as thin as the Marwari or Strapless mold. I will be making as many  boots as I can until I run out of thin leather!

The straps use velcro to adhere, I am looking into using magnets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Express

I am a huge fan of purchasing horses online, model horses that is. I am expecting Archer (Artist Resin by Trish Forsyth), Cloud Nine from pr...