Friday, October 6, 2017

SitRep!

Okay so I have done some re-arranging (lol what a way to begin a blog post!)

I have maintained a fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit (well over 38*c for my non-imperial system blog readers)

This does not mean I have not been out and about playing "patient zero" and limiting my actions to my work bench >:)

I found a discount fabric store about 20 mins away, upon recommendation from the hobby shop, I should go check them out for a source of leather...turns out they were having a sale today!

There was one piece of blue, one piece of grey, and a fistful of "natural", "burgundy", and "reddish" tone. At 50 cents a piece I figured I should spend a little time digging through the bins. I came out with 18 pieces. They have hides at $125 each, some in really fun colors (a full hide of the blue I found!!! Does anyone want to finance me?).
The "natural" takes dye fairly well..Fair enough for the 50c piece this was cut from!

My leather organizer is a paper rack ;) It holds flat things nicely

A whole hide of this blue could last a lifetime! A long lifetime that is


The Goodwill store across the street from the fabric store called my name, and for a steep $2.10 I purchased 4 bowls that now house random materials, wire, leather scraps, and finished things I have not sold yet! Today has been a banner day for organization at the Hatgi work bench.

From L-R: Scrap...things, Wire, Leather, and Finished Items


I also found some old tack while moving items into bins I had just emptied. An old stock saddle from 2015 (yeah not that old but it looks.......well old) and a stock saddle made entirely of what seems to be anywhere from 5 to 8 oz leather.
Stock Saddle! Note: No Poleys and no overgirth lol, and of course no stirrups?

Western Saddle, most likely cut out from the Breyer tack making set patterns.

A view of my CPU, and the black/grey/black/grey/dark grey/grey line, I found that slightly hilarious. Not on purpose


Last night I made a "bling" browband with some crystals ordered from AliExpress. I received 2 packets of 1440 rhinestones in SS4 (stone size 4) and SS3, I placed an order for some SS2 and SS1 rhinestones..these seem more in scale and more difficult to work with but I will post photos of the results! I would highly recommend AliExpress (apart from the user being called "LeBron James" LOL) for purchasing rhinestones. They have a great assortment, the shipments take about 2 weeks to get here, but shipping is free, and the stones are inexpensive. I spent less than $10 USD on the next order of nearly 4000 stones I will be receiving in the next few weeks, and about $5 USD on the ones I did receive. They are far from Swarovorski crystals, but at that price I can get lots of practice and they look nice. :)

BLING baby! Haha

Aaaaaaand in the last four hours since I started this post, I have visited a leather goods repair shop where I have had some work on my 1:1 scale boots done. He sold me a bag of scraps and I now have some more fun colors to use as padding! Whoo! I will post pics of what I make with it in due course.

Thanks for reading :) 

Zoe



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Express

I am a huge fan of purchasing horses online, model horses that is. I am expecting Archer (Artist Resin by Trish Forsyth), Cloud Nine from pr...