Sunday, October 1, 2017

Treasure Hunting

Treasure hunting generally starts with sifting through someone else's trash. Today I found some free treasure and some very inexpensive treasure.

My dad is a regular dumpster diver, he is a big fan of Ulta Beauty, they have lots of packaging and even their trash is clean. Today they had some display pieces in the dumpster! Hooray!

This lipstick display makes a great tool organizer




These other pieces were also in the dumpster, I hope to make display or organizers out of these. They were just going to be thrown out, now the very least I will have some practice chopping up plexi glass.

This corner of foam being used as a saddle stand was among
the "trash"
 In my previous employment, I acquired stacking roll-around bins, which now house my packaging material and soon my leather.


I also acquired a 40 liter jug, I have been at odds as to what I should use it for. The jug is entirely too heavy on its own to fill it with spare change, the only way to get all of it out would be to break it. I thought it would be interesting to collect all of my leather scraps and skiving waste in the jug, so today I emptied my bin into it for the first time. 
Long way to go!

I bought a hardware organizer for all of my Rio Rondo goodies, it came from A C Moore for $12 if you are interested in buying one.


And my final note is: I accidentally made christmas bell boots
with magnet closures
I will be refining this pattern, but I think it's a good start.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Express

I am a huge fan of purchasing horses online, model horses that is. I am expecting Archer (Artist Resin by Trish Forsyth), Cloud Nine from pr...