Saturday, January 27, 2018

Best Dressed Pony

This month Newsworthy has been my resident "saddle stand", and winner of biggest closet.

I have made two fairly identical sets of tack for the little grey pony, both in two-tone brown, one as an eventing/jumper set, and another as a hunter/eq set.

The latter is nearing completion, and I am VERY pleased with how it is turning out, the saddle in particular. There are a lot of firsts for my tack on this set; stirrup leather keepers, piping around the skirting, piping on the pommel, and pinning of the skirting through the tree in lieu of glue.
This is my first time making stirrup leather keepers

I pinned the skirting through the tree with a head pin tucked neatly under the panels (first time doing so!)

I absolutely love the profile and "look" this saddle has. 

The bridle is even cuter (in my opinion)

This will be my first successful split crown piece, padded noseband/browband/crown, first successful raised noseband and browband, and probably the nicest bridle I've made to date.



Newsworthy is definitely my best dressed (sometimes the only dressed...) pony!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Express

I am a huge fan of purchasing horses online, model horses that is. I am expecting Archer (Artist Resin by Trish Forsyth), Cloud Nine from pr...