Saturday, February 3, 2018

NaMoPaiMo is HERE

It's finally February, or the month better known as NaMoPaiMo (National Model Painting Month), this will be my first year participating.

My Jacy has been prepped, primed, and pastelled too quickly, so I'm headed back to the prepping and priming phases. On January 30th I decided to add one of my two Cortes C models from BreyerFest last year into my project pile. Jacy will be done as a chestnut paint, though it is looking to be more of an apricot dun color now, and Cortes will be a blue roan. 
Cortes as of last night

School started up this week, and time to ride is becoming scarce between tack orders and homework, but I managed to ride Ziggy once, Montana once, and Lily twice. For a six year old Lily has done well with her two weeks off due to a minor tendon injury, and we haven't lost any ground due to it. If finances and her physical soundness permit I will try to take her to USPC championships in Tryon NC this year. 

I bought my ticket to BreyerFest 2018 AND an Alborozo who is my first wishlist horse. I plan to bring some English tack sets (Saddle/Bridle/Pad/Girth/Breastplate) to BreyerFest to be sold for $175 a set. I will bring some halters, bridles, and breastplates as well if you are not in the market for a full set of tack.

I am doing my pricing a bit backwards where the pre-made things are more expensive than the custom orders, but if you want an item now, you can have it for a premium, whereas a custom set may take longer so I will be a bit less rushed and charge less for it. 

My list of tack to be made is shrinking slowly but surely, to find out what I am currently working on, check out my Facebook page under ZHTack! 

Next week will be a bit more intense, but I think with enough coffee I can handle it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Express

I am a huge fan of purchasing horses online, model horses that is. I am expecting Archer (Artist Resin by Trish Forsyth), Cloud Nine from pr...