Sunday, February 11, 2018

NaMoPaiMo Party; a meeting of the minds

Howdy!

This last week has been very eventful; a new part time job, school, and most excitingly I got to meet Kristian Beverly of Five Paws Studios!

I'll go through in order of appearance above..

Part time job involves riding horses and teaching lessons when the occasion arises. I am very excited to ride with this barn. They import horses from Canada often, and focus on Jumpers. Maybe I will find my next competition horse with them :)

School is going on, not much to say on the topic other than I am taking full advantage of the printers in the library to print reference images and blog tutorials LOL

Lastly I attended Kristian Beverly's NaMoPaiMo party this weekend, and have been bitten with the customizing bug (and arguably the showing bug!! eek!).

I was first to arrive, Susan Young of Timaru Star II arrived not long after me, and of course when three tack makers are together in the same room, tack seems to bubble up. Susan had brought a bag of tack from her collection, Hannah Bear's alligator saddle, the elk saddle, an Erin Corbette saddle, mostly pieces I had only seen online. I brought three completed saddles and one work in progress, none are my favorite nor my best pieces, but I was happy to have a trained eye to inspect it and give me some feedback. Kristian of course had heaps of tack for us to drool over, her western saddles make me almost want to try one (I still refuse to get the kit I had started back out, I convince myself I'm too busy), and of course her english tack is superb.

I met Susan Young, Elizabeth (Lizzy) Mace, and Maddie Klein, we had a grand time making a mess in Kristian's dedicated craft area which is a room I have decided I need.
A young grey, unnamed as of right now
Image result for dapple grey warmblood
My reference picture, photo credit to Google (true source unknown)
This makes 3 completed NaMoPaiMo horses, all Trad scale. I have a feeling I will continue to tweak the shading and continue to "play" with his color. 

Now that I have three horses done, I'm going to bring my focus back to tack and finish my custom orders so I can get onto making BreyerFest tack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pony Express

I am a huge fan of purchasing horses online, model horses that is. I am expecting Archer (Artist Resin by Trish Forsyth), Cloud Nine from pr...